The Strengthening Our Congregations Committee listens to the needs and interests of our congregations.
It responds by developing information networks, offering appropriate assistance and recommending to the Coordinating Council possible action teams and/or presbytery-wide ministry initiatives to support the needs and interests expressed.
- Oversee a visitation schedule with church sessions, so that congregations and presbytery might mutually listen, learn and encourage one another,
- Administer the Church Building and Small Church Leadership Development Grants available for congregations,
- For more information, see the Grants page.
- Recommend to Coordinating Council possible action teams and presbytery-wide ministry initiatives that might be formed in response to the interests/needs heard from congregations, and
- Provide ministry resources like the Parish Paper that are relevant to church activities and business.