The Administration Committee supports the effective functioning of the Presbytery of Carlisle in the areas of management, property, finance, personnel, and stewardship.
- Receive requests submitted to the committee by particular churches for permission to sell, lease, or mortgage any real property,
- Receive gifts and bequests to the presbytery and hold in trust the properties and presbytery funds as the presbytery directs, and
- Annually receive the churches reports of indebtedness that account for the amounts paid upon such indebtedness during the preceding year.
- Annually propose a Mission and Per Capita Budget for the presbytery’s consideration and approval,
- Monitor and manage presbytery funds providing timely reporting, as well as, arranging for and completing a review of all financial records and books, and
- In accordance with presbytery procedures and policies, make decisions regarding presbytery investments.
- Promote stewardship and benevolence giving within the presbytery’s churches and their sessions,
- Provide denominational stewardship resources and host training events, and
- Make specific requests for annual financial support of presbytery’s mission and program.
- Provide for the oversight and implementation of personnel policies relating to all presbytery staff and persons employed by the presbytery, and
- Maintain adequate confidential personnel files for each employee.
- Monitor and provide for the insurance needs of the presbytery office and any other property the presbytery owns,
- Assist and advice session regarding liability insurance requirements,
- Serve as a resource when needed regarding the engagement of legal counsel; may retain legal counsel as deemed necessary,
- Assist the stated clerk in certifying with the presbytery’s chosen financial institution of the authorized check and transfer of funds signers, and
- Oversee the work of Lend-A-Hand and approve single item purchases over $5,000.00.