and Information for Committee Chairs
- Administration Committee—Supports the effective functioning of the Presbytery of Carlisle in the areas of finance, personnel, stewardship, and property.
- Krislund Camp Committee—Supports the mission of the Krislund Camp & Conference Center: “to provide persons of every age with the opportunities to know Jesus Christ as Savior and respond to Him as Lord through nurture in the Christian faith and life based on Holy Scripture, individual and group discoveries and experiences over a continuous period of time, under the guidance of Christian men and women and in dependence upon the Holy Spirit”
- Commission on Ministry—Develops mechanisms that address the means whereby a presbytery will receive and oversee teaching elder members. Also, guidance is provided for Certified Christian Educators and Commissioned Ruling Elders
- Committee on Preparation for Ministry—Provides support to individuals in their discernment of a call to ordination as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament in accordance with the Book of Order
- Coordinating Council—Planning and visionary group of the presbytery; focuses on listening and responding to the needs of congregations
- Education Committee—Provides training for leadership roles in our churches and presbytery, respond to educational needs in churches, pay attention to presbytery-wide ministry initiatives, and support educators and educational events in and beyond our presbytery
- Mission and Advocacy Committee—Advocates mission work essential to the life and witness of the presbytery
- Nominating Committee—Nominates to the presbytery the names of capable people, who are willing to serve in leadership positions in the presbytery, and who are within the membership of the Presbytery of Carlisle
- Permanent Judicial Commission—Conforming to the Book of Order D-5.0000, works to bring a swift, fair, and satisfactory closure to any remedial or disciplinary case brought to it.
- The Representation Committee—Serves both as an advocate for the representation of racial ethnic members, women, different age groups, and persons with disabilities, and as a continuing resource to the presbytery in these areas.
- Strengthening Our Congregations Committee—Listens to the needs and interests of the congregations and to respond by developing information networks, offering appropriate assistance and recommending to the Coordinating Council possible action teams and/or presbytery-wide ministry initiatives to support these needs and interests.